Book your ferry tickets online at www.greektrip.gr or via telephone at Sporades Shipping. Worldwide famous amongst emblematic and cosmopolitan holiday destinations, Mykonos is one of the most well-known Greek islands thanks to the vibrant nightlife and its gorgeous beaches. A place with archeological, natural, recreational and traditional facets, Mykonos constitutes a thrilling destination combining jet-set venues with nature’s rich heritage and eternal Cycladic beauty. Plan & Book your vacations to Mykonos online at www.greektrip.gr or via phone at Sporades Shipping. Mykonos Island features a great variety of activities, sightseeing, attractions and natural marvels that you will find carefully listed below.
The numerous beaches of unique beauty, the variety of quality Greek and international cuisine, the vast selection of resorts and boutique hotels and the traditional Cycladic architecture and landscape makes it just as much an ideal destination for families as it is for those who want to dance until sunrise.
In terms of nightlife, is no other island or destination in Greece that can compete with the infamous Mykonian night life. From the many bars along the famous Little Venice and Matogiannia street, to the famous beach clubs and after-hour clubs, to the quiet piano cocktail bars, and the fun gay bars, you will not be bored for a single second. The challenge is always waking up the next day and making it to the beach in time to work on your tan before the afternoon party scene of the beach bars.
By airplane: Mykonos Airport is served by daily domestic flights from Athens Airport and direct flights from many major European cities.
By ferry: The island is also easy to reach by ferry from either of Athens’ main ports, Piraeus or Rafina. Book your ferry tickets online at www.greektrip.gr or via telephone at Sporades Shipping. The journey takes between2 to 4 hours depending on which port and which boat you select.
Mykonos is also connected to the Cyclades with daily itineraries going to Paros, Santorini, Folegandros, Milos, Naxos, Syros and Crete. Depending on the type of experience you are looking,ask us to suggest the best islands you may combine with Mykonos.
- The archaeological site of Delos: Located just a few miles away from cosmopolitan Mykonos, Delos is among the most important archaeological sites in Greece and a UNESCO world heritage site. The excavations in the island are ongoing and quite extensive and many of the artifacts found are on display at the Archaeological Museum of Delos and the National Archaeological Museum of Athens. In the ancient times, the myth of God Apollo, God of light, and Goddess Artemis having been born there rendered the island sacred: no mortal would ever be allowed to be born or die on its land.
- Shopping:Shopping along Matogiannia Street offers visitors the opportunity to indulge in some of their favorite international luxury brands in a place that feels that Picasso painted.
- Wellness activities:Spend the day in one of the numerous spas located in the island’s luxury hotels. An ultimate rejuvenating experience.
- Watersports: Get the chance to discover the best parts of the underwater kingdom and choose among a variety of activities that best suit your needs, your age and your physical condition.
MYKONOS BEACH GUIDE
Mykonos is world famous for having the most vibrant nightlife in the East Mediterranean. The truth though is that its main attraction is its beaches offering some of the best in the Cyclades. Below is a list of the top beaches on the island along with other activities that one should not miss when visiting.
- Psarou Beach: International celebrity and jet setters beach connected to luxury living. Nammos beach restaurant and bar is the must visit there
- Kalo Livadi:One of the longest beaches in Mykonos and quite popular for the facilities and the parties. The vast beauty of the exotic waters and the idyllic setting, mark the landscape of this beach. Located 10km from Mykonos Town.
- Panormos:Located on the northern side of the island and it is much secluded. Away from tourist facilities and water sports centres, Panormos is a calm and beautiful beach with nice restaurants and beach facilities.
- Lia:Lia is one of the most beautiful beaches in Mykonos with exotic waters and great environment. It is located in the south eastern edge of the island, 14 km from Mykonos Town. Even though it is considered a rather quiet beach for the standards of Mykonos, Lia has been a favorite place for this reason. Its blue waters and the white sand create the ultimate combination for a swimming paradise.
- Super paradise:Located right next to Paradise Beach. Mykonos Super Paradise is less organized than neighboring Paradise and has beautiful crystalline waters and soft golden sand. Super Paradise is the most famous gay beach.
- Kalafatis:This is very much an active beach. In the left corner of the beach of Kalafatis one can find a hut with hire facilities from a snorkel to diving. There is also a windsurf centre, where you can rent a board by hour, and a watersportscentre for jet ski.
- Agrari:Agrari and Elia are located near each other, forming a huge sandy beach, 10 kilometres from the island’s capital. Agrari Beach is less popular than its neighbor Elia and much calmer.
Take a private cruise: Charter a private motor yacht and cruise along Mykonos south coast and Dragonissi. Also you can cruise to the neighboring island of Tinos or even Santorini. Have lunch on board and discover secluded beaches away from the buzz.